Blogged down in concrete.
The sun is just coming over the horizon. My shirt already soaked with sweat due to humidity and self inflicted damage I caused myself by drinking all night. I knew I had to work this morning. I can’t even imagine how hot its going to be this afternoon. My head is throbbing, it sounds like a beating drum. My stomach feels like I’m being stabbed. I’m debating to stick my fingers down my throat to puke with the chances of feeling better, or keep trying to ride out this hangover. This whole time I’m continuously drinking water, wondering what the day holds in store for me. Then I here it, first the howling of the wide oversized tires, then the whine of the turbo on the diesel engine. I can start to see it, the red concrete truck with the spinning yellow drum . The timing of the driver arriving at the job site sets my fate. I just hope I make it through the day.
Oh now that just sounds like a horrible day to me! And the sad thing is the only thing you can really do to help it is drink water and take some tylenol!
ReplyDelete